Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More Garden

I haven't been to the garden in weeks and so finally last night I went. Reid has taken care of it and I would stay home with the little ones and I would always hear about the tomatoes or the watermelon or whatever and I was kinda getting jealous that he got to see it. I had to go, plus Reid needed to study, so it worked out. My friend Kelsi told me to take pictures the next time I went and as I was on my way, I realized I forgot the camera. So the following pictures were taken on my phone. I hope they are alright. The pictures are also out of order, so sorry.
 Here are two of our cantaloupe. I have no idea how to tell when they are done. I can barely tell when the cantaloupe at the store is ready. :)
 Our "prize" watermelon! It kinda looks like a squash in its shape. Hopefully it wont taste like one! Here you can see watermelon #1 and #2
 The tomatoes are really starting to pop out! Last time I saw them, there were only 3 tomatoes and now there are 8-10.
 Just saw this little guy. Watermelon #3
 And watermelon #4
 The whole garden is just about over-run with watermelon plants! Almost the whole right side is watermelon
 Basil is starting to grow more!
Our third cantaloupe. This one should be ready soonish, hopefully it will taste yummy.

This really has been a lot of fun and a great learning experience. It would be so nice to have our own garden at our own place whenever that happens, but it has been nice to be able to have a little plot to learn with. Maybe next year we will have more success. 

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

YAY!!! Oh my gosh Susie it looks AMAZING. I definitely want to do this next summer! Great garden and everything looks fresh and delish! Thanks for posting some pics for me. I have been wanting to see how it turns out.