Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The Winds of Change????
For what seems to be for ages, or at least the past month, Abigail likes to think that daytime is really nighttime and nighttime is really daytime. So as you can guess, she likes to stay up at night. Not just for an hour or two, but more like 5 to 6 hours straight. I've been reading this book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child" and it says not to let infants be up for more than two hours. Now how are you supposed to put an awake child to bed? Seriously! Anyway last night may have been a break-through. We put her to bed at 10:30 and she woke up at midnight. (that was expected) She finished eating at about 1 am and seemed tired. I put her in her crib and of course she decided to wake up. I let her cry it out for 5 minutes, comforted her, tried feeding her some more, put her back to bed, and let her cry 10 more minutes. Finally I picked her back up and rocked her. She liked that and fell back to sleep. Instead of putting her back in her crib she slept in my arms. (it's not something that I want to have to happen every night, but oh how peaceful it is to have your little one sleeping in your arms) She slept from 2 am to 9 am with a little fussing/eating at 6 am when Reid had to get up for school, but she never fully woke up until 9. How splendid it is to have gotten some sleep! This isn't her last night but when she is sleeping she can sleep through anything... What a cutie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
glad you got some sleeeeeep!
Yay!! That is the best sleep book!! I used it's guidelines to teach Averlin to get to sleep on her own when she was 9 months old. Now I have started much sooner with Simeon. Good luck! I hope it continues for you!
Post a Comment