Two Sunday's ago, we went to church and I started having contractions, once every twenty minutes; that lasted for only an hour. When we got home at 2 o'clock, the contractions started again, except they happened every 6 minutes with a few every 10 minutes. I called my mom at 4 to tell her she should be ready for when it happened. She told me she was going to pack up the car and was coming down right then. The contractions stayed about the same distance apart except with a few outlying at 15 minutes. My doctor said to go to the hospital when the contractions were at 4 to 5 minutes. I was getting fed up because my contractions weren't very consistent and they kept getting more intense. I couldn't take the pain anymore and we decided to just go to the hospital at 8 P.M. My mom got there right when we decided to go to the hospital. We all left for the hospital at 8:30 and, by then, I was dilated to a 4-5 so I got to stay. At my 40 week check up, I had only been dilated to a 2. I was glad for the progress. Soon after, my mom brought Abigail home to bed leaving Reid and I (and the nurse). It was really hurting. I never experienced any contractions with Abigail, and I couldn't wait to get the epidural. The nurse got me all hooked up to the monitors and brought my lab work down to be checked so that I could get the epidural. As the nurse was bringing my lab work down, my water broke. After that, things started to get intense. I got the okay for an epidural and was just waiting for the anesthesiologist to come. The nurse checked me again and I was fully dilated. She told me I couldn't get the epidural anymore, that it was too late and that if I sat up for the epidural, I would sit on the baby. She told me it was time to start pushing and she called the doctor. After 15 minutes of pushing, he was here; born at 10:46 P.M. on Sunday July 8th, 2012.
He was 8lbs. 8oz and 21 inches long.
Momma first holding Jonas
Looking up at mom
Abigail's first look at her baby brother
Grandma's turn
"I wanna hold him"
Kisses
Happy big sister
First family photo
We are so happy to have both Abigail and Jonas!
Hope you enjoyed!
4 comments:
I love the photos! Jonas is absolutely adorable and that picture of Abigail with her hands out, "I wanna hold him", just slays me with cuteness!
Love you!
-Jen
So, I've read this post a kajillion times and I keep meaning to text and tell you thanks for finally posting! :) What an adorable little boy. I know you are completely in love. AND, I can't leave out the fact that I am AMAZED that you did it with no meds! (Not that you had a choice) What a difference from Abigail's birth! Congratulations. You have a beautiful family!!
I loved reading your story! I am so sorry that you couldn't get the epidural that would be so awful!!! He is so adorable and I can't wait to meet him! Those pictures are all so priceless!
WOW! You are amazing! Congratulations!!! Jonas is adorable. I have been checking your blog daily, so I'm SUPER excited for the update! Enjoy your little guy! What a BEAUTIFUL family!
Post a Comment