Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I forgot to take pictures!!

I am so mad at myself! Yesterday Reid started orientation at Des Moines University and they had a BBQ for all the students and students' families and I was going to bring my camera. I forgot! It was about a half hour before we left that I realized I forgot it. Anyway I'll try to tell about it.
We got to school and saw they had TONS of tables and chairs all over, I mean any where there was grass there was a table and there is lots of grass. The food was really good, it was just burgers and chicken burgers, but it was so good! They also had these little dessert cups that were delicious! We sat at first by ourselves because we got there a little early hoping to save spots for a few people we know. A girl that Reid interviewed with back in November sat with us along with a family from our ward. When the family left I saw our neighbors across the hall (the husband is a second year and they have been super awesome at letting us know what to expect and being our friends right from the start), so I went to sit with them. Reid joined me and we met another first year family from Arkansas who had a little 19 month old boy who liked to tackle Abigail. It was really funny, he is a few inches shorter than her and lighter too, but he would just put his arms around her and lean forward and they would fall. She kinda got mad, but they played pretty well together. Our neighbors have a 4 year old girl and she, Abigail and the little boy found tubs of ice that drinks were in, and they played with the ice and thought it was the coolest thing ever. haha, sorry I couldn't resist. It was time to go home and Abigail got a big bunch of balloons that were going to be thrown away. Then we went to bed.
Again sorry there were no pictures, I am still mad, but it was really fun.
However here is a picture of how we found Abigail before we went to bed last night. I was hoping I wouldn't wake her up I was laughing so hard!

1 comment:

{Marie Long} said...

You can tell her mommy worked at a book store :) So cute!