We had a great weekend! On Saturday, we got to see Lena and Scott's new little guy that was only two days old, then I went to work. Lucky dad and Abigail got to stay home together. We were really excited to take Abigail to see her first fireworks, and I would have pictures, but I forgot the camera in the car :(. Anyway, Carrie Underwood was performing in the Stadium of Fire, and we found a nice little spot on the stadium grounds where we could hear her (and even see a little bit on the big screen) and then watch fireworks! Last year we watched fireworks from above on the mountains, and both Reid and I decided we like watching from below. Poor Abigail was so tired, it was way past her bedtime. She actually fell asleep during the grand finale in her stroller! Sunday we went to church in the morning and had a wonderful dinner at my manager's house (thanks Darrin and Jenn).
Monday was the Freedom Run and my dear friend Jenny and I ran the 5K! That's right, I did a 5K!! Not only did I participate, we actually ran a lot of it!! Thanks again Jenny, I wouldn't have done it on my own. Reid watched from the sidelines (it would have cost too much for us both to do it) and surprised us at the finish line. But here are some pictures of the race. Oh yeah, Abigail did the 5K too!









At the beginning. It was actually pretty cold at 7am!
The starting line
Water stop, Drink that water Jenny!
We were actually running at this point!
Me and Jenny (she's blocked by the guy) crossing the finish line
We got medals!!
Abigail holding up the medal!!
It was a lot of fun and maybe we'll do some more 5K's in the future.
1 comment:
Good Job on the 5K! How fun!
Post a Comment